Cookie Monster’s Famous Cookie Dough Sugar Cookies
Me make cookies come into existence before me very eyes. Me BAKE cookies! Yeah yeah yeah. COOKIES!
- ¾ cup butter or margarine (soft, but not melted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Me put butter in mixing bowl.
- Me put sugar in bowl. If me want chewy chocolate chippy cookies, me add ½ cup brown sugar here.
- Me smoosh butter and sugar all together with fork or large spoon.
- Me put in eggs and vanilla next.
- Me smoosh more.
- Me add flour, baking powder and salt. If me want chewy chocolate chippy cookies, me add 1 cup chocolate chips here.
- Me mush up everything with fork. Or spoon. Or hands. Me not picky. ME NO EAT COOKIE DOUGH.
- Me put cookie dough in refrigerator for 1 hour. 1 HOUR LOOONG TIME.
- Me roll on floured surface. Cut cookie dough into
tasty shapes. Move to ungreased cookie sheet. STILL NO EAT COOKIE DOUGH.
- Put in 200°C oven for 8 minutes. Maybe 10, if you like crispy cookie. 10 MINUTES VERY LOOOOOONG TIME.
OOOH, COOKIES!!! OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
Learn all About the Cookie Monster
Famous for: Eating cookies (mmm… cookies) but also learning that cookies are a sometimes food. Me learnt to embrace asparagus too!
Hobbies: Eating fruit, eating vegetables, eating cookies!
Favourite music: C is for Cookie and Hungry Like the Wolf
Favourite colour: Blue. Blue is the colour of blueberries. Oh yummmm!
Favourite book: Chicken Soup for the Monster’s Soul.
Favourite sport to watch: Aussie Rules football – have you ever noticed that the football kind of looks like a giant red sweet potato? Oh boy oh boy – me so hungry!
Favourite cookie: Well me favourite type of cookie is Tea Biscuit. No… chocolate chippy! Oh, maybe Jaffa Cakes! Oh no, me almost forgot digestives. Do me have to choose? Me just love them all!
You’ve lived on Sesame Street for a long time – what do you love about it the most? Me love singing songs with Elmo, going to Hooper’s Store with Big Bird,
gardening with Abby and baking in the Foodie Truck with Gonger. Me learn so many things. It really help make me into monster you know today.
What’s your secret to staying so young and youthful for over 50 years? Well thank you, me look after me fur, and me exercise, eat healthy snacks and sometimes a special treat like a delicious chocolate chippy cookies!
That’s me beauty secret.
Have you ever tried Tim Tam biscuits? Oh me a Tim Tam Connoisseur from way back! Me favourite is the Double Coated Tim Tam. Oh and the Choc Mint Tim Tam. And we cannot forget about the Chewy Caramel. Oh me so
hungry! Can you send me over a supply please?
Do you have a message for all your friends in Australia? Me can’t wait to see all of me Aussie friends again. Stay healthy and me sending you all a big hug.