Every kid loves spaghetti, but parents don’t love the stains that come with it! No matter the age, it’s hard to keep all the pasta sauce on our plates and in our mouths!
Our clothes become the casualty of the delicious pasta-war, which is inevitably followed by a laundry battle trying to combat those stubborn stains caused by the oily substances and natural tannins. Here’s some bolognese stain removal tips to make your life in the laundry easier.
Early intervention will get the best results.
- Rinse from the inside out under cold running water for a few minutes
- Spray a combination of dishwashing liquid and vinegar over stain
- Allow to soak in for five minutes
- Scrub stain gently with an old soft toothbrush
- Soak in warm water for 20 mins or leave overnight
- Sprinkle bicarb soda over any remaining stain prior to washing
- Wash in machine as per care instructions
- Hang item in the sun
- Spray stain with straight white vinegar
- Repeat as required
Vinegar’s acidity makes it great for cleaning and lifting stubborn stains and odours. The dishwashing liquid is effective for removing oily substances.
The Top 5 Tips For Keeping Whites White!
A crisp white shirt always looks sharp on kids for the first 5 minutes before they spill food, drinks, toothpaste, felt pen and walk into something greasy! Wearing white reflects the heat, keeps us cool, looking fresh, the colour never goes out of fashion, and can be easily matched with anything! Some even say wearing white brings positivity and radiates inner strength which is certainly needed to get them stain free and white again!
Try these washing tips for brighter whiter success!
- Wash whites with other light clothing and add 2 tablespoons of bicarb soda to the drum
- Replace fabric softener with 1/4 cup vinegar or lemon juice
- Clean washing machine regularly to remove any lingering grime and trapped colours
- Rinse stains from the inside out and pre-treat stains using a combination of clear dishwashing liquid and white vinegar
- Sunshine is also a natural way to bleach clothing and remove stains by using UV rays to breakdown the molecular structure of the stain
For more stain removal tips and laundry advice follow Nicole @sokaaustralia