With great anticipation and excitement, children at Townsville Grammar School’s two Junior School Campuses marked a significant milestone on Monday, 27 July – 100 days of Prep.
Townsville Grammar School Principal, Mr Timothy Kelly, said this year, more than ever, it has been vital to celebrate and recognise this learning milestone.
“This has certainly been a different and challenging year for students everywhere, however for our Prep students, this has been their introduction to school life, so it was very important to recognise this milestone,” said Mr Kelly.
Prep students from the Annandale Campus even travelled to the North Shore Campus for the celebrations. In fact, the children came to school dressed as “100 year-olds” and engaged in games and activities centring on the number 100.
“Our Prep teaching teams have done an exceptional job this year in keeping their students focussed and excited about learning, despite the disruptions caused by Covid-19. We had a great day celebrating with our youngest Grammarians as they achieved this milestone with such enthusiasm!”
Townsville Grammar School’s Prep Program Offers:
- Early childhood trained Teachers
- Full-time Teacher Aides in each Prep classroom
- Specialist Teachers for Music, Library, Performing Arts, Sport and Languages
- Foundation for the Grammar approach to learning
- Optimised class sizes
- Inspiring classrooms filled with colour, texture and themed areas
- Dedicated Prep playgrounds and gardens
- Music Program
- Sports and Swimming Program
- Personal development through the ‘Positive Education’ pastoral care program
- Transition to Year 1 Program (Semester 2 focused)
- Upper School Buddy Program
Convenience For Families
- Two Campus locations – Annandale and North Shore
- TGS Bus service linking the three Campuses
Read more about Townsville Grammar School HERE.