Thanks For Being A Voice
Welcome to being a PakMag contributor. Whether you are contributing in print or online, this helpful style guide has been created so your content submissions meet our requirements.
PakMag are honored to have incredible parenting experts from around the world write for us.
We look forward to working with you and sharing your knowledge
Here are some helpful tips and qualities we look for in the stories we publish in print and online.
Five qualities we look for when evaluating what to publish:
Grammar, Spelling and Everything In Between
- There should only be a single space after a full stop, before the next sentence. There should never be a double space.
- Avoid excessive use of hyphens (-), semicolons (;) and exclamation points (!).
- If you do use a hyphen as a pause in a sentence, make sure you have spaces around it.
- Only use an apostrophe for “its” when abbreviating the words ‘it is’:
- If you’re referring to a single letter as a plural, you do use an apostrophe.
- Use apostrophes when abbreviating decades.
- Use italics when referring to the title of a book, film, album or song.
- Company and product names should always begin with a capital, even if the company itself uses all lowercase.
- Make sure the verb agrees with the subject in a sentence, particularly with company names.
- There should be a single line space between between each paragraph.
- The convention when referring to numbers is to use words rather than digits between one and nine, then numerals for any number over 10. The exceptions are:
- Clothing sizes (e.g. sizes 2 – 8)
- Currency (e.g. $25.00)
- Scale/ratio (e.g. 1:12)
- Measurements (e.g. 20 x 70 x 90cm)
- Currency is always in Australian dollars unless otherwise stated. This means you do not need to write AU or AUD
- Use the following standards when writing prices – $45.00.
- Avoid the use of the ‘%’ symbol. Rather use the word ‘percent’. E.g. ‘one hundred percent wool’.
- Please convert all units to metric (mm, kg, etc).
- Our style for time is to say 5.00pm rather than 5:00pm or 5pm
- Our phone number formatting is mobile: 0422 154 742 / Landline: 4053 3331
- Include www. at the beginning of websites. Remove http:/ and there is no full stop at the end.
- Please use Australian spelling and phrases rather than American at all times.
Do’s and Don’ts
Do plan out the key points you want to share.
Do dedicate time to write your content in advance so that you aren’t stressed meeting deadlines.
Do brainstorm with us if you need ideas or clarification about our brief.
Do include a 70 – 100 words author description with an accompanying high resolution headshot in colour.
Do share it – We’ll send you the digital link so you can share it on your socials from the PakMag website.
Together we’ll build your brand.
Don’t Stress! If you’ve signed up for a series of content it’s a great idea to get them done in one hit or try and stay a month in advance, writing under pressure works for many of us, however we don’t want you stressing about it or missing your chance to be published. So don’t hesitate to contact us if you need a hand.
We retain final decision rights over what is published. We reserve the right to change titles, headlines and sentences to ensure the correct syntax and grammar.
We strive for authenticity in our articles. We don’t publish pieces that have appeared elsewhere or that read like an advertorial in our print publication, blogs have more freedom to have more sales based content, but we still like to be creative with how sales content is delivered to our readers.
Grand Publishing Pty Ltd holds copyright on the finished product. All contributors will be credited but cannot use the article anywhere else. Grand Publishing Pty Ltd reserves the right to run the submission in digital and print versions whilst always crediting you as the author.