Summer is right on our doorstep, which means longer days, afternoons spent by the pool or at the beach, and scrumptious BBQs with friends and family. Next time you’re hosting a meal, be sure to WOW your guests with one of these deliciously tropical dishes.
Serves 4 (2 kebabs each)
2 chicken breasts
4 rashers of bacon
8 cherry tomatoes
1 red onion
1 cup white button mushrooms
1 yellow capsicum
8 wooden skewers, soaked
For the marinade
2 tsp rosemary
2 tsp thyme
2 tsp parsley
1 tsp sage
¼ cup olive oil
1. To prepare your marinade, in a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, squeezed lemon juice, rosemary, thyme, parsley and sage. If you can prepare this dish early, marinating the chicken overnight or for a few hours is preferable.
2. Chop the yellow capsicum, zucchini and red onion into chunks. Keep the cherry tomatoes whole (or cut in
half if you don’t want them squirting you when you skewer them).
3. Slice chicken into 4cm cubes and slice bacon into strips and roll up to ensure they snugly fit on the skewer.
Either remove your marinated chicken from the fridge and assemble all ingredients onto the soaked skewers. Or marinate the kebabs once assembled. Distribute the bite-sized foods evenly along the skewers to allow a taste of everything!
4. Heat up the BBQ to medium-high heat.
5. Lightly oil the surface of the BBQ and cook, turning occasionally for ten minutes. You can cut open a piece of chicken to ensure it’s fully cooked. Serve with a refreshing salad.