Christmas is just around the corner! How did that happen? Make sure you’re prepared for the big day with our handy list of Christmas preparation work.
- Book your pets into accommodation early if you are going away.
- Make sure you have your passports and all travel arrangements up to date.
- Start a savings account for extra food and drink costs or purchase a $20 gift card from the grocery store during your weekly shop to save for the Christmas season.
- De-clutter the guest room and make space for the extra gifts.
- Purchase your gift wrap, cards and or make your own.
- Get your kids thinking about what they want to give to those for Christmas (like their teachers) rather than just receive.
- Freeze some cooked meals for those extra crazy days in December when you don’t have the time to cook.
- Make a calendar of upcoming events – Christmas pageants, school functions, work parties – and organise a babysitter for the kid-free nights.
- Give all the indoor and outdoor furniture a good clean, especially if you are hosting a Christmas breakfast, lunch or dinner outside.
- Create a Christmas gift spreadsheet so you have an idea of what kind of budget you need to stick to.
What Christmas preparation does your family do?