TOP THINGS TO DO IN CAIRNS THIS AUGUST 
For the full calendar of events in Cairns, collect your PakMag August Edition from McDonald’s, IGA Australia, Calanna Whole Health Pharmacy, Major Shopping Centres, Child Care Centres and you local Library before they disappear.
3rd Cairns Flowboarders Competition
– When: Saturday, 4th August, 10.00am to 1.30pm
– Where: Tobruk Memorial Pool
– More Info: tobrukmemorialpool.com.au
If you love flowboarding, this is the event for you.
The event consists of under 18 and over 18 competitions, but even if you can’t flowboard you’re welcome to spectate or give it a try!
Catholic Education Week
– When: Wednesday, 1 to Saturday, 4 August
– Where: Catholic Schools Throughout Cairns
– More Info: catholiceducationweek.com.au
Catholic Education Week is an opportunity for all Catholic schools to celebrate and promote their distinctive mission and ethos. With events taking place at all schools in the diocese, there is a real sense of community in the air during this amazing week. Check with your local school for details of events.
St Francis Xavier School Open Afternoon Tea
– When: Friday, 17 August, 3.30pm to 6.00pm
– Where: St Francis Xavier School
– More Info: xaviercairns.qld.edu.au, eventbrite.com.au
Join the team at St Francis Xavier to find out all you need to know about enrolling your little one. FREE afternoon tea and loads of entertainment provided for the children like pony rides, face painting and more! Register via
the Facebook event. You must register to attend.
– When: Friday, 24 August to Sunday, 2 September
– Where: Various Locations
– More Info: cairnsfest.com.au
The Cairns Festival celebrates our creative community and unique sense of place. The festival aims to engage with the community and to seek greater regional and national recognition of our cultural identity in the Far North.
The theme for the 2018 Grand Parade (on 25 August) is Kaleidoscope.
The Grand Parade is one of Cairns’ most loved community events, a full day of free entertainment for the entire family.
Visit website for full program or see our centre fold for your Cairns Festival Pullout Guide.
Trinity Anglican School – Open Days
– When: Saturday, 25 August, 9.00am to 12.00pm at TAS Kewarra Beach
– When: Wednesday, 29 August, 9.00am to 11.00am at TAS White Rock
– More Info: tas.qld.edu.au
Come along and check out all that TAS has to offer as they open their doors for two days! Visit the kindy and prep classes at Kewarra Beach or the junior school in White Rock.
C&K Open Week
– When: Monday, 6th August to Friday, 10th August, 9.00am – 11.00am daily
– Where: C&K Kindergartens
– More Info: candk.asn.au
Join in with a kindy class and see what your local C&K Kindergarten is all about. Experience the fun, inviting,
and nurturing environment where children come first.
Bringing Up Great Kids
– When: Tuesday, 7, 14, 21, and 28 August, 5.30pm to 8.00pm
– Where: Hambledon House, 177 Bruce Highway, Edmonton
– More Info: 0414 480 934
A reflective parenting program developed by the Australian Childhood Foundation that aims to promote positive,
respectful parent-child relationships. This is for parents
only (no children to attend).
Free Program – All material, tea/coffee and a light supper provided. Bookings are essential.
SAVE THE DATE
Carnival on Collins
– When: Sunday, 2 September, 9.00am to 3.00pm
– Where: Collins Avenue
– More Info: cairns.qld.gov.au
This annual Father’s Day tradition is not one to miss. The day will feature over 175 stalls, rides, children’s wonderland and three exciting stages with entertainment throughout the day. The carnival is all about celebrating Cairns and the wonderful region we get to enjoy every day.