STAINED GLASS WINDOW EDIBLE BISCUIT DECORATIONS
200g unsalted butter
60ml golden or maple syrup
400g plain flour
100g self-raising flour
200g brown sugar
2 tsp cocoa
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tbsp ground ginger
½ tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
15 coloured boiled lollies
1. Melt the butter and syrup in a saucepan over low heat. Allow to cool.
2. Sift the plain flour, self-raising flour, bicarbonate of soda, spices and pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl. Pour in the butter and syrup mixture and combine.
3. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Wrap in cling film and chill for at least 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 170 degrees and line two oven trays with baking paper. Roll the dough out very thinly and stamp out shapes of stars, snowflakes, hearts, or whatever else you fancy!
5. Use a smaller 4-5cm cookie cutter to cut out the centre of each cookie. Use a straw to cut out a hole at the top for the ribbon, and place down a boiled sweet in the centre of each cookie.
6. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before threading the ribbons through.