HOMEMADE TEACHER GIFTS – SNAZZY SUCCULENTS
1 Clay pot
1 Foam brush
Roll of painter’s tape
White acrylic paint
Acrylic paint in colours of your choice
Coloured paper of choice
Succulent of choice
1. Tape off the lower section of your pot by sticking painter’s tape around it. Use several short pieces of tape to get all the way around the pot to create an even divide.
2. Apply a layer of white paint below the painter’s tape, all around the pot including the bottom. This base coat will help the colour of the next layer stand out more.
3. Once the white layer has fully dried, apply several layers of your coloured paint of choice. Neon shades of pink, yellow and orange look spectacular!
4. When the paint is completely dry, gently peel off
the painter’s tape. Carefully pot the plants into their
5. Cut a small flag-shape out of a sheet of coloured paper, then fold this over around a wooden skewer and glue shut to form a flag. Write a note of appreciation to the teacher and stick the flag into the soil.