NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS YOU’LL ACTUALLY KEEP
Looking for some good resolutions? Ones that don’t cost the earth, won’t take up all your time and can be achieved? Here’s five to choose from.
1. Be more present – Put away the phone, the computer, the distraction and enjoy the moment with your family.
2. Stop with the comparisons – Sure, the mum from next door runs every morning, bakes delicious banana bread AND always smells like roses. But, hey, you’re awesome too. In your own way. So stop comparing yourself to others and focus on your strengths.
3. Ditch the mum guilt – There’s no room for guilt in 2019. So stop feeling like you ‘should’ do better and be proud of what you ARE doing.
4. Yell less, time out more – Feel the anger rising? Take a time out. Put yourself in a corner for three minutes. Take deep breaths and return when you feel more in control.
5. Do less for your kids – Make 2019 the year your kids finally learn how to pick up their stuff, make their beds, or at least put their toys away. Make it part of their routine and reduce the amount of hours spent bending down picking up LEGO.