These adorable nesting risotto chicks are not only adorable, but delicious as well.
1 onion, finely chopped
3 celery sticks, finely chopped
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1L vegetable stock
½ cup dry white wine
2 cups arborio rice
½ cup grated parmesan
5 hardboiled egg yolks, mashed
3 cups mixed leafy greens
¼ tsp black sesame seeds
Slice of red capsicum
1. Heat the olive oil and butter in a pan, add the onions and garlic and gently fry. Add the arborio rice and stir.
Add wine and simmer for 1 minute (the alcohol gets cooked out), then add the vegetable stock and parmesan. Bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat and cover, simmering for a further 11-13 minutes or until the stock is absorbed. While this is simmering, boil the spaghetti.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Roll the risotto into egg shapes, then roll through mashed hardboiled egg yolk.
4. Line the base of each plate with mixed leafy greens and carefully place the chicks on top. Place the spaghetti around the chicks in a ring shape, forming the nest.
5. Using red capsicum and black sesame seeds (or black peppercorns), give the chicks their eyes and beak.