LAMINGTON JAM BLISS BALLS
Ingredients (makes approx. 20)
For the bliss balls
2 cups cashews
1 ½ cup desiccated coconut
1/3 cup maple syrup
4 tbsp coconut oil
For the coating
½ cup finely chopped
½ cup desiccated coconut
For the jam
2 cups raspberries
(fresh or frozen)
3 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp water
1-2 tbsp honey or sugar, to taste
1. For the jam, place the raspberries, chia seeds, water, and honey or sugar in a small pot and boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
2. Once the mixture has thickened, sweeten the mixture with a little more sugar or honey to taste. Transfer to a jar and let it cool in the fridge for one hour.
3. For the bliss balls, put the cashews and desiccated coconut into a food processor and blend until they have a texture of coarse crumbs.
4. Add coconut oil and maple syrup and blend until it has been combined.
5. Wet your hands and spoon roughly two tablespoons of the mixture into your hands, wrapping it around a small dollop of your raspberry chia jam. Place them into the freezer to let them set.
6. Fill a saucepan half-way with water and bring to a simmer. Place a heatproof bowl on top and place the finely chopped chocolate inside, ensuring the bowl does not touch the water. Stir chocolate with a metal spoon until melted.
7. Roll your bliss balls around in the melted chocolate and desiccated coconut. Place them in the fridge for 10 minutes to set, and enjoy!
PakMag Tip: If you’re unable to make your own jam, a store-bought jam will taste just as yummy.