JUMP MANIA’S FUNNY REINDEER PANCAKES
Greg and Rebekah Crowther, Jump Mania
1 cup of self raising flour
1 cup milk
1 tsp sugar
To serve (per pancake)
Hazelnut spread (or other spread of your choice)
1 punnet of raspberries (frozen works just as well)
Packet of dark chocolate buttons
Packet of white marshmallows (cut in half)
1. Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl.
2. Whisk the eggs and milk together. Make a well into the centre of the flour and combine ingredients.
3. The consistency of the batter should be similar to cream. Add extra milk if you need to.
4. Melt a little butter in a frying pan over high heat. Add a ladleful of batter, making sure it evenly coats the base of the pan in a thin layer. Cook until lightly golden, then flip and cook for another 30 seconds.
5. Now comes the fun part; decorating! Take a pancake and fold it in half twice, creating the face of your reindeer. Cut a few thin strips around the outside of the pancake and arrange these to form antlers. Spread some hazelnut spread along the top of his head.
6. For his face, use halved marshmallows buttons and dark chocolate drops for the eyes, and a raspberry for the nose.