Ask a little girl what theme she wants for her birthday party and you are often going to be greeted with “Princesses!” While not every little girl wants to have a princess-themed party, it does seem to be a pretty popular choice.
Whether going with Disney or sticking to a more generalised princess party, here are some ideas to ensure your little princess’ special day reigns supreme.
Crowning Colour Schemes and Decoration Delights
- Most princess parties will stick to the pink and purple theme but other good colours to incorporate include silver, gold and even a light blue. Make sure you choose napkins, tablecloths, plates, cups, balloons, crèche paper and paper lanterns in your colours of choice.
- Crowning centrepieces – place a tiara and wand in the centre of the table for the perfect centrepiece
- Majestic Lolly Jars– baby food jars with pink and purple jelly beans topped with miniature tiaras
- Add a princess themed bunting to the walls or food table
- Give each guest their own tiara by gluing a paper crown to the front of a party hat and adding a small amount of clear fabric to the back
Royal Treats and Sovereign Sweets
- Princess popcorn – popcorn mixed with red food colouring (or red beet juice if you prefer not to use food colouring)
- Pink and purple fruit wands – strawberries, pink marshmallows and grapes placed on a kabob stick and topped with a star-shaped slice of watermelon
- Princess topper cupcakes
- Waffle cone castles – waffle cones, flipped upside down, topped with princess-themed cake toppers and sitting on a bed of whipped cream
- Pink lemonade with hundreds and thousands sprinkled around the edges
- Crown shaped cake pops and sandwiches
- Jam drops
- Fairy bread – add a dash of red food colouring (or red beet juice) mixed with the butter to create a pink base.
- Decorate your own crown
- Musical thrones (musical chairs but with a royal twist)
- Pin the tail on the frog (or pin the gem on the crown)
- Jewellery hunt (a treasure hunt in the backyard but with plastic jewels or colourful ‘gems’ from the aquarium shop)
- Princess bucket or royal ring toss