Arrr matey, it’s time to get into the swashbuckling spirit with this month’s party guide. Gather the little buccaneers for a whale of a good time with these treats, sweets, games and lolly bag ideas.
- Ocean Jelly – top your individual cups of blue jelly with miniature pirate flags
- Bandana Bananas – add bandanas and faces to your bananas
- Pirate platter – set sail with a fruit salad boat made of watermelon with apple slice sails
- Skull-shaped bickies –shiver their timbers with skull-themed bickies
- Chest of treats – pick up a cheap treasure chest and fill with chips, popcorns or other tasty snacks.
Crafts and Games
- Estimation station – guess the number of gold coins in a treasure chest.
- Dig for buried treasure – if you have a sand box, then this is a great one to keep the little sea rovers happy.
- Host a treasure hunt in the backyard – the losing team has to walk the plank.
- Pirate photo booth – pick up a few plastic swords, bandanas, eye patches, fake moustaches and plastic hooks and let your pirates pose for pictures.
- Ring around the sword – a scurvy version of the traditional ring toss.
- Make pirate telescopes – cellophane paper, paper towel rolls and various craft materials are all you need.
Loot and Booty Bags
- Bandana lolly bags – fill a bandana with chocolate gold coins and secure with an elastic band.
- Add other trinkets such as pirate colouring-in sheets (wrapped up like a treasure map), pirate stickers and plastic telescopes.
Need more party theme ideas? Here’s a few more to get you started: