These homemade muesli bars are delicious to take to school or work, or make a yummy quick breakfast full of goodness.
3 cups muesli
1 cup sultanas
¾ cup honey
½ cup cacao nibs
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a rectangular slice tin with baking paper.
2. In a pan over medium heat, combine the sugar, butter and honey. Continue stirring for 5 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 2 minutes to thicken the syrup. Remove from heat.
4. Combine the muesli, pumpkin seeds, cacao nibs and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Pour the hot syrup over it and combine.
5. Spoon the mixture into the rectangular slice tin and press down to ensure the entire surface is covered.
6. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until crisp. When it’s done, set the pan aside to cool completely. Once entirely cool, cut into strips of desired size.
PakMag tip: As well as making a fantastic healthy lunchbox addition, these homemade muesli bars are also a great after school snack or breakfast on the go.