Healthy Recipes: Banana Icy-Poles
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- Popsicle mold
- Popsicles sticks
How to Make:
- Place milk, bananas, icing sugar and vanilla extract in a blender and puree until mixture is smooth in consistency.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds ensuring you divide evenly to make equally sized icy-poles.
- Insert popsicle sticks and freeze for four to five hours.
- Add coconut oil and dark chocolate to a saucepan and combine over a medium heat until smooth.
- Pour into a mug (for easy dipping) and allow to cool slightly.
- Dip in your popsicles and add chopped peanuts or coconut immediately.
- Allow coating to harden and serve.
Note: The number of popsicles this recipe will yield depends on the size of your popsicle molds; you should get anywhere from six to eight popsicles.