Ready to try new Easter recipes but are worried about maintaining a healthy diet? Now you can be responsibly sweet with LAKANTO Easter Recipes – recipes made with LAKANTO Monkfruit Classic Sweetener in place of sugar so that you can give your sweet tooth that kick in a healthier way.
Here are four delicious recipes that will make your Easter extra tasty. We promise the whole family will love these sweet treats!
Easter Carrot Cupcakes
Carrot Cake Mix:
2 ¼ cups Gluten Free plain flour
1 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Golden Sweetener
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon bicarb soda
½ cup chopped pecans
¾ cup milk
1 ½ cups grated carrot
Cream Cheese Icing:
1 cup cream cheese, softened.
½ cup Lakanto Monkfruit Classic Sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan forced. Prepare a cupcake or muffin tin with cases or grease sides with oil or butter.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Combine all the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Then carefully fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture gently stir until fully combined. It is important to not over mix the batter or will become heavy and doughy.
- Pour the mixture evenly across 12 cupcake cases.
- Bake for approx. 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the icing, use an electric hand mixer to whip the cream cheese with the sweetener until combined. Set aside.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before icing with the cream cheese frosting.
Gluten-Free Easter Cookies
½ Cup Unsalted Butter
½ Cup Lakanto Monkfruit Golden Sweetener
1 Whole Egg
2 Cups of Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
Inclusions: Easter eggs, No Added Sugar chocolate, nuts etc.
1 tsp Bicarb soda
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- In a bowl mix the butter and sweetener until soft
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until a bread crumb consistency is reached
- Next add the whisked egg mix until the it forms a loose dough
- Fold through Easter eggs or inclusions of choice.
- Roll dough into 12 even mixed balls, place on a non-stick tray and cook for 20 minutes approx. until golden
- Allow to cool before serving.
Easter Double Choc Muffins
1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Lakanto Monkfruit Classic Sweetener
2 whole Eggs
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
1 ½ Cups Gluten Free Plain Flour
200g Dark Unsweetened or No Added Sugar Chocolate
Ingredients for the ganache frosting:
200ml Full Fat Cream
100g Dark Chocolate
2 Tbsp Monkfruit Classic Sweetener
- Pre-heat the oven to 160c fan assisted (No fan – 180c)
- Prepare a muffin or cupcake tray with cases, or grease with oil or butter.
- In a medium pot, melt the butter, chocolate and classic sweetener
- Whisk the mixture until smooth then add the cocoa powder and water
- Next, mix the flours, and sieve
- Add the whole eggs to chocolate mix and then fold in the dry ingredients
- Pour evenly across 12 cupcake cases, and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Next, make the Ganache frosting by heating the cream and adding the chocolate and Sweetener in a pot over a medium heat (do not boil). Allow to cool until it starts to thicken.
- Once the cupcakes are completely cool, spread the ganache over each cupcake, and decorate with no added sugar Easter eggs or bunnies.
- Keep chilled and enjoy!
Hot Cross Buns
For the Buns:
1 tablespoon dry yeast
½ cup Lakanto Monkfruit Classic Sweetener
1½ cups warm milk
4¼ cups bread flour
2 tsp cinnamon powder
2 tsp All Spice
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups sultanas
1 – 2 oranges, zest only
3 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 egg, at room temperature
For the crosses:
1/2 cup flour (any white flour)
5 tbsp water (Mix together to form a paste)
For the glaze:
1 tbsp Lakanto Monkfruit Classic Sweetener
2 tsp water
½ tsp Arrowroot (Mix together to brush over the hot cross bun)
- Place the yeast and 2 teaspoons of the sweetener in a large bowl, then pour in milk. Leave for 5 minutes until it froths.
- Add remaining Bun ingredients, starting with the flour and remaining sugar.
- Use a mixer fitted with a dough hook to mix until a smooth elastic dough forms. Add extra flour if required. (Alternatively, dust a work surface with flour and knead by hand for 10 minutes or until smooth)
- Allow the mix to rise (double in volume covered with a damp tea towel)
- Knock the mixture back
- Roll into even ball sizes approx. 4cm push down to 2 cm flat place on a greased baking tray. (Place the balls approx. 2 cm apart)
- Next, pipe the Cross mixture over the top and allow the mixture to rise about 70% in volume (approx. 30 minutes room temperature)
- Pre heat the oven to 180c and bake the buns for 20 minutes until golden brown, then brush with the glaze mixture or simply dust with a cinnamon sweetener mixture. Serve warm or keep in the fridge for up to 7 days.