Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast
• 2 large eggs
• 75ml milk
• 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
• 1 tbsp butter
• 8 slices of brioche
• 4 tbsp peanut butter
• 4 tbsp Bonne Maman Raspberry Spread Intense
• 2 bananas, sliced
• 1 punnet of raspberries
• Icing sugar to dust
• Maple syrup to serve
1. Place the eggs, milk and cinnamon in a large shallow bowl and whisk until well combined.
2. Dip each side of the brioche into the egg mixture.
3. Heat the butter over low heat in a large frying pan and fry each side of the brioche for 1 – 2 minutes until golden brown. Repeat until all slices of brioche are cooked.
4. Spread a layer of peanut butter and Bonne Maman Raspberry Spread on each slice and top with banana. Stack the slices to serve, top with fresh raspberries and dust with icing sugar or drizzle with maple syrup to serve.
Apricot Chicken Traybake
• ½ cup Bonne Maman Apricot Spread Intense
• 2 tbsp honey
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• 2 tbsp ginger, grated
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• Pinch cayenne pepper
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 8 chicken drumsticks, free range
• 500g tin of apricot halves in juice
• 1 red onion, cut into wedges
• Savoury thyme to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced.
2. Combine all the apricot glaze ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook on low heat and whisk until well combined. Season with salt and pepper and adjust to taste. Allow to cool slightly.
3. Arrange the chicken drumsticks in one layer in a large lined baking tray and brush generously with the apricot glaze. Add the apricot halves and red onion in the gaps and garnish with savoury thyme.
4. Bake the chicken for 45 – 60 minutes until chicken is cooked through and beautifully golden. Baste the chicken with the glaze every 15 minutes while the chicken is baking. Serve with rice.