How to Make It
This buttery, light and simply delicious Chocolate Dipped Short Bread Recipe makes the perfect snack for any coffee or high tea occasion. Plus, everyone loves short bbread at Christmas!
Serves: 20 Fingers
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cooking Time: 12-16 Min
- 1 ½ Cups Unsalted Butter (Diced 20cm)
- 1 Cup Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- 3 Cups Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- ½ tsp Vanilla essence
- Sugar Free Chocolate
- Mix the diced butter and Monkfruit Sweetener in a mixer using the paddle attachment and whip until soft and smooth (approx.. 5minutes)
- Add the Corn Flour and Plain Flour and slowly mix speed 1-3 until fully incorporated.
- Add in the Vanilla Essence and whip for 3 minutes on high. (This will sure a smooth and soft dough is created).
- Remove from the bowl and place mixture onto a flour dusted surface. (Leave for 10 minutes, resting)
- Turn the oven on to 150c
- Gently fold the mixture on the bench it should have a silky feel. Roll out to the desired size and height.
- Cut the dough to the desired shape and gently place on the baking tray. Allow to rest for 10 minutes in the fridge (This will help keep the shape during baking).
- Place the tray in the preheated oven for 12- 16 minutes depending on the thickness of the shortbread.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Melt the chocolate over a bowl of hot water until fully melted, then dip the short bread into the chocolate and place on greaseproof paper until firm.
Tip: For a dryer short bread extend the cooking time by 3-4 minutes.