Games, Themes, Sweets and Treats – Baby Shower Ideas
There are so many ways to make your baby shower special and the good news is you can get printable placeholders, decorations, invitations and much more online through several Etsy stores. Here are some of our favourite finds and ideas to perfecting your baby shower.
Your baby shower doesn’t need a theme. But it’s always a fun addition. So here are our favourite picks.
• Nautical – Ahoy it’s a Boy!
• Under the Sea
• Star Wars – Make Way for the Mini Jedi
• Jungle Party
• Birds and Bees
• Bow-ties and Babies
• Garden Delights
• Shabby Chic
• Outer Space
• Sunshine and Rainbows
• Little lambs or ducks
• Breakfast at Tiffany’s
• Planes, Trains and Automobiles
• Stars and Celestial
• Wizard of Oz
• Cat in the Hat
• Mad Hatter Tea Party
• Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice
• Fit for a Princess or Prince
• Moustache Bash
• Wild Wild West
• Little Monsters
Adding a few games to the agenda is a great way to bring everyone together and share in a few laughs. Here are our favourites.
• Mummy Wrap – split your guests into two teams and choose two guests to wrap up in toilet paper. The team with the best decorated mummy wins.
• Onesie decoration contest – get out the glitter, the felt, the sharpies and get creative.
• Don’t Say Baby – ban the word ‘baby’ from your shower and give every guest two clothespins to peg on their shirt. Anytime someone catches another person saying ‘baby’ she can steal the clothespin. The person with the most clothes pins at the end of the day wins.
• Guess the baby food – blindfold your guests and let them taste test the various baby foods.
SWEETS AND TREATS
Having a table of sweets and treats is always a good idea.
• Little feet shaped bikkies
• Cupcakes with adorable toppers (thanks to Icing Bits for the images)
• “Ready to Pop” popcorn
• White chocolate dipped strawberries
• “Babies in a blanket” – mini sausages wrapped in puff pastry. Add two eyes poking to the top of the sausage with edible pen.
DECORATIONS AND DECOR
You don’t have to go all out when it comes to decorating. These are all cheap options.
• Make a baby bunting out of baby onesies
• DIY pull string piñata (filled with pink or blue confetti if you would also like to reveal the gender)
• Confetti filled balloons
• Place lollies, chocolates and other small items in baby bottles
• And, of course, a nappy cake!