With Finding Dory swimming into theatres this month, you can expect an influx of requests for Under the Sea theme parties. We’ve tracked down our favourite finds and party tips to help you host an amusing aqua adventure for your little ones.
Deep Sea Decorations
The name of the game when it comes to an Under the Sea theme party is to keep things beachy. Stick to decorations, tablecloths, lolly bags in various blues.
- Crepe paper and paper lanterns in blues and greens
- Message in a bottle (or sand) centrepieces for the tables
- Jellyfish and octopus balloons (ribbon tentacles)
- “Seaweed” streamers
Sensational Sweets and Tasty Treats
- Aquatic fairy bread – use all blue hundreds & thousands (you can get these in the baking section)
- Crustacean cupcakes with crab, starfish and fish cupcake toppers
- Jelly Fish – Mould your jelly into the shape of a fish.
- Starfish bikkies.
- Fishy fruit platters – experiment with turtles, octopus, starfish, crabs and more.
- Boat shaped sandwiches.
- Crab racing – have the kids race on all fours like a crab in the backyard.
- Water balloon wars – fill up a bucket of water balloons and let the kids go crazy.
- Fish, Fish, Shark – give the classic Duck Duck Goose an oceanic twist.
- Find Nemo, Dory and other fish friends – set up an ocean-themed scavenger hunt.
- Slip and slide into a sea of foam – add a bit of soap or shampoo to a slip ‘n slide for a bubbly blast of water play.
- Fishing fun – purchase a few toy fishing rods with fish and let the kids have a whale of a time fishing into a paddling pool.