DOROTHY DIETITIAN’S MEDITERRANEAN STYLE ROASTED CAPSICUM
Dorothy Richmond, Dorothy Dietitian
6 small red or yellow capsicums
2 cups basmati rice
1 red onion, diced
½ leek, trimmed and diced
3 cloves of garlic, finely diced
½ bunch fresh basil, finely diced
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch of ground black pepper
1. Carefully cut the top of the small capsicums and reserve as lids. Discard the core and seeds.
2. Blanch the capsicums and the lids in boiling salted water for 5 minutes and then allow to cool.
3. Cook the rice. Meanwhile, sweat the onion, leek, garlic and basil in large saucepan until tender.
4. Add the rice to the veggie mixture and combine. Add a little extra olive oil if needed and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Divide the rice mixture between the capsicums, add the lids and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven or under the barbecue for 1 hour and 25 minutes or until tender.