Delight in this fun floral experience that blends colour and magic (well, science, not magic). This experiment is great for teaching children about plants and flowers and brings a level of anticipation and excitement to every day! Your kids will delight in waking up every morning to see if the flowers have changed at all.
White flowers (roses, carnations, daisies, etc.), food colouring, glasses or vases, scissors
- Trim the flowers down so that they fit nicely in a vase or glass (or flask)
- Fill your vases with water and add a few drops of the various colours of food colouring to each glass.
- Add a flower to each vase and place the vases in a sunny spot.
- As the flowers drink the water, they will start to change colour.
- Ask the kids to make predictions about what will happen.
- Observe the flowers for two weeks to see the most drastic change.
Thanks to www.growingajeweledrose.com for the great craft idea.