CAIRNS VET’S DOG TREATS
Dr Richard, Cairns Veterinary Clinic
1 cup hot water
1 tsp chicken stock
1 ½ cup wholemeal flour
1 cup oats
½ cup flaxseed meal
1 tbsp turmeric
½ cup peanut butter (no xylitol)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Dissolve the stock in the hot water.
3. Pour the flour, oats, flaxseed meal and turmeric in a large bowl. Add the stock, peanut butter and egg. Mix until the mixture becomes a ball of dough.
4. Transfer the dough to a clean, floured surface. Roll it out to a 2cm thickness and cut using bone-shaped cookie cutters.
5. Transfer the biscuits to the baking tray. Optionally, using a knife, carefully carve the word “WOOF” on
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let them cool completely before feeding to your pooch – or gift them to the furry friends within the family!