With the silly season over, it’s time for back to school mode. While there’s still plenty of time to enjoy the rest of the summer holidays, it’s always fun to get creative, especially on a rainy or unbearably hot day. And what better way to prepare for the return to school than by making a craft that is not only cute, but handy for school too?
We’ve got an adorable pencil holder and the perfect book cover to add an element of personalisation to your child’s back to school supply list.
- 2 pieces of denim, cut into rectangles as well as a scrap piece of pocket
- A binding machine
- Several pieces of scrap paper and page protectors (if you want)
- Flower embellishment
- 2 Chipboard or pieces of cardboard
- Glue and hot glue gun
- Needle and thread
- Ribbon and binding rings
Breathe new life into your old denim with this adorable and useful book, perfect as a diary, journal, organiser or scribble book.
- Cover one side of the chipboard with denim and make mitered corners. Glue and fold over edges. Do the same for the other. This will be your front and back book covers.
- Stitch the pocket of the denim on the front and glue on flower embellishment. You can pick flowers up at any craft store.
- Add a few pens in the pocket.
- Cut the scrap paper to size to use as the book pages and protect them with page protectors if required.
- Bind it together with a binding machine and secure with rings or tied ribbon. Add a few pieces of ribbon to the rings for extra embellishment.
DIY Pencil Toppers
- Scraps of felt in different colours
- Needle and thread or a hot glue gun
- A thin black Sharpie
Personalise your pencils with a heart shaped DIY pencil topper.
- Cut the scraps of felt into heart shapes. You will need two hearts per pencil.
- Sew around the edges with the thread. If you’re not keen on sewing, you can glue the edges with a hot glue gun.
- Leave a gap for the bottom of the pencil.
- Draw silly faces to complete your DIY pencil topper.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: