BACK TO BASICS – HAVE A LAUGH, IT’S GOOD FOR YOU!
Had a rough day? Pull up a chair and share a laugh with a loved one (or a funny movie on Netflix). It really is the best medicine.
Here’s 10 great reasons why we all should make it our daily mission to laugh ‘til we cry (or wee our pants just a little bit).
1. Relax your whole body.
2. Decrease the stress hormone, cortisol.
3. Increase immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies
4. Trigger the release of endorphins (those natural feel-good chemicals).
5. Improve the function of blood vessels and increase blood flow.
6. Burn calories – laughing for 10 minutes a day will burn about 40 calories.
7. Ease anxiety, tension and other distressing emotions.
8. Improve your mood, even on those especially awful days.
9. Strengthen your relationships – there’s nothing quite like sharing a good belly laugh with a mate.
10. Help push away anger, fear, resentment and other not-so-happy feelings.