BACK TO BASICS. GET MOVING!
It’s easy to get into the habit of sitting, lying and lounging around, especially in this heat. But staying active is super important for our physical and mental health, all year round.
Here are six easy ways to move more, all of which are free. We dare you to give them all a go this weekend!
1. Mow the lawn – Make sure you have a nice cool bevy handy when finished.
2. Cook and groove – Pop on some music and shake your groove thang while you stir the spag.
3. Bounce on a ball – Replace your office chair with a yoga ball and bounce as you work.
4. Squat as you fold – With every item of clothing you fold, do a squat. You’ll be up to 50 squats (or more) before you know it. And double this amount if folding socks!
5. Walk and talk – Make it a habit to pace around the house. You may be surprised how quickly this can get those steps up.
6. Lunge on commercials – When watching TV, lunge or plank until your show comes back on. You may look ridiculous, but, hey, it will get the heart pumping.