AVOCADO AND PRAWN SALAD
Summer is right on our doorstep, which means longer days, afternoons spent by the pool or at the beach, and scrumptious BBQs with friends and family. Next time you’re hosting a meal, be sure to WOW your guests with this deliciously tropical dish.
Avocado and Prawn Salad
¼ of a red cabbage
2 cups rocket leaves
2 cups spinach leaves
For the dressing
½ garlic clove
½ cup olive oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp rice vinegar (unseasoned)
½ tsp sesame oil
Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Finely crush the garlic clove. Whisk crushed garlic, rice vinegar and soy sauce in a small bowl, gradually adding olive oil then sesame oil. When the dressing has thickened, season it with a pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Shell the prawns and let them marinade in your homemade dressing for an hour.
3. Heat up the BBQ to medium-high. Lightly oil the surface and transfer your prawns to the BBQ to cook for approximately 2-3 minutes per side or until they change colour.
4. Shred the red cabbage and cut up the avocados into thin slices.
5. Mix your salad leaves, cabbage and avocado in a bowl. Squeeze a bit of lemon juice on top and serve with fresh crusty bread.