Summer is right on our doorstep, which means longer days, afternoons spent by the pool or at the beach, and scrumptious BBQs with friends and family. Next time you’re hosting a meal, be sure to WOW your guests with this deliciously tropical dish.
Avocado and Prawn Salad
¼ of a red cabbage
2 cups rocket leaves
2 cups spinach leaves
For the dressing
½ garlic clove
½ cup olive oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp rice vinegar (unseasoned)
½ tsp sesame oil
Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Finely crush the garlic clove. Whisk crushed garlic, rice vinegar and soy sauce in a small bowl, gradually adding olive oil then sesame oil. When the dressing has thickened, season it with a pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Shell the prawns and let them marinade in your homemade dressing for an hour.
3. Heat up the BBQ to medium-high. Lightly oil the surface and transfer your prawns to the BBQ to cook for approximately 2-3 minutes per side or until they change colour.
4. Shred the red cabbage and cut up the avocados into thin slices.
5. Mix your salad leaves, cabbage and avocado in a bowl. Squeeze a bit of lemon juice on top and serve with fresh crusty bread.