Rainy days can be extremely boring for kids stuck inside. Here’s 20 ideas for kids indoors on the next rainy day.
1. Build a Fort: use blankets and pillows to build your own fort.
2. Play board games or jigsaw puzzles: Twister and Pictionary are always fun, as well as card games like UNO and go fish.
3. Have a movie marathon: re-watch all your favourite movies and movie series.
4. Cooking: cookies, cakes and anything sweet or try making something from another cuisine.
5. Play dress ups: pull out Mum and Dad’s old clothes and let the kids have fun walking around the house in heels.
6. Make paper planes or origami: have a competition and see who can make the best or most creative paper plane.
7. Make play-dough: simple recipes can be found online requiring common and minimal ingredients.
8. Make tie-dye clothes: all you need is a plain white shirt or item of clothing and some paint.
9. Make slime: you can find recipes online and can combine glitter and food colouring to make heaps of different colour combinations.
10. Pillow fight: so no one gets hurt!
11. Colouring in and painting: print off some colouring in sheets or just have fun drawing. Give finger painting a go with younger kids.
12. Have a disco: put on some music and dim the lights, have fun dancing to your favourite songs.
13. Make some of your own music: use kitchen utensils, saucepans and really anything else you can find to make some of your own music.
14. Make a scrapbook: look through old photos and make a photo album or scrapbook using your art and craft skills.
15. Indoor treasure hunt: hide specific items inside the home and have a competition to see who can find them all first.
16. Make an obstacle course: use furniture, pillows and blankets to make your very own obstacle course. Fastest time to get through the course wins!
17. Play with Lego: pull out the Lego and make whatever you can imagine.
18. Play Charades: a game fun for kids of all ages, take turns acting out an object, movie, book or song and see if the others can guess.
19. Paint nails and have a ‘spa’ day: get out the nail polish and face masks. Have fun painting your nails different colours and relaxing for the day.
20. Play hide and seek: because hide and seek inside is so much more fun!