20 THINGS FOR KIDS TO DO ON A RAINY DAY
Rainy days can be extremely boring for kids stuck inside. Here’s 20 ideas for kids indoors on the next rainy day.
1. Build a Fort use blankets and pillows to build your own fort.
2. Play board games or jigsaw puzzles Twister and Pictionary are always fun, as well as card games like UNO and go fish.
3. Have a movie marathon re-watch all your favourite movies and movie series.
4. Cooking cookies, cakes and anything sweet or try making something from another cuisine.
5. Play dress ups pull out Mum and Dad’s old clothes and let kids have fun walking around the house in heels.
6. Make paper planes or origami have a competition and see who can make the best or most creative paper plane.
7. Make playdough simple recipes can be found online requiring common and minimal ingredients.
8. Make tie-dye clothes all you need is a plain white shirt or item of clothing and some paint.
9. Make slime you can find recipes online and can combine glitter and food colouring to make heaps of different colour combinations.
10. Pillow fight so no one gets hurt!
11. Colouring in and painting print off some colouring in sheets or just have fun drawing. Give finger painting a go with younger kids.
12. Have a disco put on some music and dim the lights, have fun dancing to your favourite songs.
13. Make some of your own music use kitchen utensils, saucepans and really anything else you can find to make some of your own music.
14. Make a scrapbook look through old photos and make a photo album or scrapbook using your art and craft skills.
15. Indoor treasure hunt hide specific items inside the home and have a competition to see who can find them all first.
16. Make an obstacle course use furniture, pillows and blankets to make your very own obstacle course. Fastest time to get through the course wins!
17. Play with Lego pull out the Lego and make whatever you can imagine.
18. Play Charades a game fun for kids of all ages, take turns acting out an object, movie, book or song and see if the others can guess.
19. Paint nails and have a ‘spa’ day get out the nail polish and face masks. Have fun painting your nails different colours and relaxing for the day.
20. Play hide and seek because hide and seek inside is so much more fun!