20 BACKYARD ACTIVITIES FOR WHEN THE KIDS ARE BORED
Sitting at home can be a bit of a drag, here’s some backyard activities to help solve boredom for your children.
Here are 20 things to try.
1. Jump on a trampoline kids enjoy jumping on the trampoline, add soap and water for more fun!
2. Make sandcastles play in the sand and make sandcastles.
3. Run through the hose set up the sprinkler or hose and watch kids have fun as they attempt to ‘dodge it’.
4. Have a water balloon fight fill up water balloons and watch the kids chase after each other with water balloons.
5. Play hide and seek start a game of hide and seek or tag outside.
6. Climb a tree in your backyard or neighbourhood, even build a treehouse or fort!
7. Go for a walk around your local neighbourhood or park, even take the dog.
8. Garden teach the kids to garden and water plants, pick some flowers or even plant some new ones.
9. Ride take bikes to the local skatepark or ride around your neighbourhood.
10. Camp outside set up a tent or make a fort out of blankets and pillows. Sleep outside for the night and look for stars and constellations.
11. Make bubbles buy some bubble mix or make your own! Try making different sized bubble wands out of hula hoops and other things you can find around the house.
12. Make slime or play dough take homemade slime or play dough outside for less mess and more fun!
13. Scavenger hunt hide items throughout the backyard and have a competition to see who can find everything first.
14. Go Geocaching get the Official Geocache App and explore your neighbourhood while hunting for geocaches. Geocaches are small container hidden at specific locations marked by coordinates all over the world.
15. Frisbee toss a frisbee around in the backyard.
16. Hula hoop have competitions to see who can hula hoop for the longest, try using your arms or even your neck!
17. Skipping rope there are thousands of different games to play with skipping ropes, have fun skipping and even put on some music.
18. Hopscotch all you need is chalk and some cement, make your hopscotch as simple or as complicated as you like!
19. Chalk bombs buy cheap chalk bombs and plain t-shirts and watch the kids run around getting splashes of colour all over their clothes.
20. Play catch build hand-eye coordination while playing the simple game of catch.